Nail taping : Star burst Nail Art
With this post I introduce a new nail art technique called nail taping
Nail taping is basically using a tape to do your designs..its very easy..but can sometimes be time consuming..
Here’s how you do this simple nail art using tape:
Things you need:
1. Your favourite nail polish. I have used a purple shade.
2. Cello Tape or Scotch tape.
3. Black nail polish.
4. Bright nail polishes of your choice.
6. Top coat.
Step One: Paint your nails with your favourite nail polish. Do two coats if needed. Allow it to dry.
Step Two: Take a Scotch tape and cut it into triangles. You will need 3-4 such triangles depending on your nail size.
Step Three: Stick the tape triangles to your nail such that a zigzag is formed(see image)
Step Four: Colour the left over tip of the nail with black nail polish. Wait for the polish to dry then just pull the tape off..You can see that a star burst is formed
Repeat for all nails.
Step Five: Using a toothpick fill in the star using a nice bright coloured nail polish.This is optional..I like the coloured star rather than an all black star.Make sure you leave a little black border.
Step Six: Apply top coat for long lasting nail art.
Star burst nail art is ready As I always say its OK to be messy! Clean any mistakes with a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover.
1. Allow your base coat to dry completely before applying cello tape or else the nail polish will stick to the tape and you will have to start again.
2. It is OK if your stars are not of the same size.
3. Applying top coat helps the nail paint from chipping. Also it gives a smooth shiny finish to your nail art.
4. I used the same tape triangle again and again so that uniform stars are formed(also because I’m lazy 😛 )
Have you tried nail taping before? Are there any particular designs you would like me to do?